Thursday 22 November 2012

In the psychiatrist's chair

"Well then, Sachin, why are you here today?"

"I had an argument with MS Dhoni the other day, and I feel I need to tell somebody about it."

"That's not why you're here, is it?"

"No. I'd better tell you. It was the fifth day, in the second test at Mumbai.  The fourth day was lost to rain, and even after the infant scored a quickfire hundred for England, we were only set 132 to win in two sessions.  Viru and Ghambir managed to see off Anderson and Meaker, and Swann too.  But then he came...he came..."

"Who came, Sachin?"

"No; I can't talk about it.  It's too painful, even after three years."

"It's OK, Sachin, you can talk about it. You are in a safe place here. But you have to tell me or he will never go away...now tell me...who took 10-12 to bowl England to an extraordinary victory?"

"You know. The bearded one who can't bat or field."

"Tell me, Sachin. Tell me now, or you will never be free."

"Monty. Yes, it was Monty Panesar."

"Well done, Sachin."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Panesar played well in their last match against india..In that time i watch panesar name in scoreboards often.. B'coz of wickets taking..